Monday, January 4, 2016

A Hallelujah Moment

From my morning and afternoon devotions: this morning’s devotion really touched my heart in so many ways. It began, “Sometimes it feels as if God isn’t listening to me.” Yes, I often feel that way. I felt that way even more so when I prayed and begged for God to heal Mac and God chose not to do so. The scripture and commentary were a blessing to my heart. If you’d like to read it, you’ll find it here:


My day became busy and it wasn’t until after lunch that I was finally able to sit down for my daily ‘through the Bible in a year’ reading. The New Testament portion was Matthew 4 where we read of the temptation of Jesus by Satan. I’ve read this many, many, many times over the years, but today I had this exciting moment. I have come to call these “Hallelujah!” moments because it’s a moment when God opens my eyes to something in the Bible that once I see it, I wonder why it took me so long to notice or learn this lesson, and I have this desire to shout “HALLELUJAH!” Okay, when I’m home alone I actually do shout. Well, do you want to know what it was? Okay, I’ll tell you; but first you need to read Matthew 4:6. I’ll wait.

Did you see it? The devil quotes from the 91st Psalm! (vs11-12) One of my favorite Psalms, and one I just re-read a few days ago. Christ rebukes the devil for misapplying God’s Word, and that was a good reminder to me to seek guidance from the Holy Spirit as I study.

It totally thrilled my heart to read those words, to see how Christ responded, and to finally connect the dots from Old to New Testament. 

HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment